CORONAVIRUS PREPARATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT
18th March 2020
I’m sure that by now you are all well aware of the current situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the effect this is having on the health and social care sector.
This is an announcement of measures we will be putting into place over the coming weeks and months to ensure the safety of the people we support and our employees so that you have a clear idea of what to expect and hopefully provide assurance that we are doing everything we possibly can to minimise the impact.
As it stands, as of 18/03/2020 at 17:00 we have no PA’s who have self-isolated and no confirmed Coronavirus cases. There is currently low disruption to service delivery, however, if this changes we will need to measure the impact on the organisation and decide on measures we can put in place to limit that disruption.
Although we aren’t able to predict (with complete accuracy) how staffing will be affected overall, we are monitoring staff levels closely and have in place contingency plans to ensure the level of service currently offered is maintained.
Currently, we are keeping Head Office staffed for its usual hours of 10 – 4 Mon – Fri.
Kerryann will also network with other providers and commissioning services and will be directly contactable.
Roles & Responsibilities
We will endeavour to provide a full and complete service for as long as possible. Utilising available technology, including remote working services wherever this is appropriate. However due to the potential impact of Coronavirus, we have made the decision for us to primarily focus on priority tasks which will include:
- Ensuring food & essential item deliveries reach the people we support
- Ensuring medication stocks are available for the people we support
- Finding remote cover and physical cover for absence
- Providing on-call/remote assistance in emergency situations
- Communicating updates to staff, service users and family
- Supporting staff and monitoring infection control efforts
Remaining resources will be utilised for the following systems (this list is not exhaustive and will include all ‘non-essential tasks’):
- Annual leave booking
- Support Plan & Risk Assessment updates
- Team Meetings
- General queries
- Training (although online training should be completed)
- Management checks
- Spot Checks
We advise that all of the people we support, and our employees adhere to social distancing measures:
- Avoid contact with someone who is displaying symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). These symptoms include high temperature and/or new and continuous dry cough
- Avoid non-essential use of public transport, varying travel times to avoid rush hour, when possible
- Avoid large gatherings, and gatherings in smaller public spaces such as pubs, cinemas, restaurants, theatres, bars, clubs
- Avoid gatherings with friends and family. Keep in touch using remote technology such as phone, internet, and social media
- Use telephone or online services to contact your GP or other essential services
We would like to thank you all for your continued support during this uncertain and unprecedented time.
We have a huge amount of gratitude and respect for PA’s and family members who have let us know that they will do everything they possibly can to limit disruption to the service in the event this situation escalates, it is truly heart-warming and humbling to be part of a team so committed to the people we support and it is this ‘togetherness’ that will be critical in our resilience over the coming weeks and months.
SecretAngels PA Services Team